The Civil War in Cheshire
16 October to 13 November 2019, 7pm to 9pm
This is a series of evening classes, is for all those with an enquiring mind. The story will be built up to provide an understanding of the Civil War in Cheshire:
- Week 1. The War arrives in Cheshire – 1642.
- Week 2. The lead up to the Siege of Nantwich.
- Week 3. The Barthomley Massacre – a review.
- Week 4. The Siege and Battle of Nantwich.
- Week 5. The Siege of Chester and Brereton’s search for support.
The cost is £50 and includes all course materials and refreshments.
Aspects of the History of Nantwich
6 November to 11 December 2019, 2 pm – 3.30pm
A new series of talks on the history of Nantwich. The topics are:
- Week 1. Roads and the development of Nantwich.
- Week 2. Nantwich Railways.
- Week 3. The story of Nantwich Brine and Salt.
- Week 4. The Lost Churches and Chapels of Nantwich.
- Week 5. The Canal at Nantwich.
- Week 6. Agriculture and Cheshire Cheese.
The cost is £25 (Museum Members £20) or £5 (Museum Members £4) per talk.
For further information, or to buy tickets, contact the museum on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01270 627104.