Role Description: Publicity Officer, Nantwich Museum
Nantwich Museum is a local, community organisation and charity. In addition to a our permanent exhibitions that reflect the rich history of this market town, a wealth of other activities also take place including temporary exhibitions, workshops, talks and events.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with promoting the Museum and sharing our events and news with the wider public.
We are looking for someone with an enthusiasm and interest in local history, as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in addition to excellent writing and communication skills.
Our main objectives are to:
- Develop and maintain a positive public profile.
- Publicise Museum activities.
Printed media, news and information websites, local broadcast media and other influencers. Social media excluded.
- Development of press releases in collaboration with Museum staff, volunteers and exhibitors.
- Distribution of press releases.
- Development other promotional material, posters, flyers etc. in collaboration with Museum staff, volunteers and exhibitors.
- Distribution of other promotional material.
- Co-ordination of collection and presentation of illustrative material.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures held by the Museum.
We Can Offer You:
- A unique working environment.
- Interesting and diverse work.
- Valuable work experience.
- The opportunity to use your skills or develop new ones.
- The opportunity to meet new people who share your interests.
- Support for this role will be provided.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this role.