Nantwich Museum, under the directorship of Dr Keith Lawrence, has created a Cheshire Civil War Centre:
This provides an educational resource and project-based examination of the Civil Wars in Cheshire.
Some of the Centre’s objectives will be to:
- Provide a series of temporary exhibitions, including an annual exhibition each year associated with Holly Holy Day, to introduce the public to new aspects of the Civil War in Cheshire.
- Supply information about the Civil War in Cheshire from contemporary and modern sources.
- Provide courses on the Civil War in Cheshire including evening classes, talks at the Museum and to local societies.
- Seek archaeological evidence of the Nantwich town walls to supplement the extensive written evidence.
- Develop relationships with groups, universities and institutions with an interest in the Civil Wars.
More information will be added here soon.